ComputersOFF.org has declared 1-7 June 2010 to be Green IT Awareness Week. This is a topic dear to our hearts at Cutter Consortium, and one that we examine frequently (See our Stats of the Week on a variety of Green IT questions, here, here, and here).
Cutter supports International Green IT Awareness Week’s mission to “initiate, promote and support green IT discussions, emboldening employees with the knowledge and innovative ideas to reduce the environmental footprint of the organisation.”
We’re taking action by stimulating discussion and awareness in a variety of ways — we hope you’ll join in too!
- Come back here, to The Cutter Blog to read — and debate — new, thought-provoking posts on Green IT, such as San Murugesan’s Green IT Can Save Your Money and Our Planet, (or get the feed to be sure you don’t miss out!)
- Download a complimentary copy of our latest Executive Report on Green IT, Environmentally Responsible Business Strategies for a Green Enterprise Transformation by Bhuvan Unhelkar, Cutter Consortium Senior Consultant (we’re offering it free with registration)
- Visit our homepage throughout the week for Green IT-themed quotes of the day.
- Take advantage of Special Green IT Awareness Week Savings: Save 50% when your order our best-selling report The Organizational Benefits of Green IT! (Use Priority Code GREENITWEEK to secure your discount.)
- Check out the Green IT Awareness Week edition of the Cutter Edge, to be published 6/1/10. Sign up for this free bi-weekly e-letter now to ensure you see this week’s issue, or view it on our site on 1 June!
- Several of Cutter’s E-Mail Advisors will be on Green IT issues throughout the week, so Cutter clients, keep your eyes on your inbox.
- Explore More Green IT resources from Cutter (if you’re not a client and would like access to these articles, please contact Jack Wainwright.
- Can IT Go Green?, Cutter IT Journal guest edited by San Murugesan, Cutter Consortium Senior Consultant
- Green IT Measurement Challenges by Bhuvan Unhelkar, Cutter Consortium Senior Consultant
- Architecture for the Sustainable Enterprise by Mike Rosen, Cutter Consortium Enterprise Architecture Practice Director, Harsh Sharma, Tamar Krichevsky
- Green IT Metrics and Measurement: The Complex Side of Environmental Responsibility Cutter Benchmark Review
- Best Practices for Green IT: For Starters, Stop Calling It That by William D’Alessandro
- Being Green: A Duty and an Opportunity Cutter Benchmark Review
- Grow Greener IT by Starting at the Bottom by Emily Jane Ryan (free access)