According to my calendar, it’s time to revisit International Green IT Awareness Week. Pop by their site and sign up for some of the webcasts they have scheduled for this week — I’m sure you’ll find sessions on some key Green IT topics that are useful to you.
Green IT continues to be a topic Cutter covers regularly — both because cost savings is a critical agenda item in nearly every discussion of IT — and because we believe it’s a good thing to do! We supports International Green IT Awareness Week’s mission to “initiate, promote and support green IT discussions, emboldening employees with the knowledge and innovative ideas to reduce the environmental footprint of the organisation.”
We’re taking action by stimulating discussion and awareness in a variety of ways — we hope you’ll join in too!
- Come back here, to The Cutter Blog to read — and debate — new, thought-provoking posts on Green IT, (or get the feed to be sure you don’t miss out!)
- Visit our homepage throughout the week for Green IT-themed quotes of the day.
- Check out the Green IT Awareness Week edition of the Cutter Edge, to be published 6/1/11. Sign up for this free bi-weekly e-letter now to ensure you see this week’s issue, or view it on our site on 1 June!
- Several of Cutter’s E-Mail Advisors will be on Green IT issues throughout the week, so Cutter clients, keep your eyes on your inbox.
- Take advantage of Special Green IT Awareness Week Savings: Save 50% when your order our best-selling report The Organizational Benefits of Green IT!
- Explore More Green IT resources from Cutter (if you’re not a client and would like access to these articles, please contact Dennis Crowley.
- ISO 14000: It’s All in the Green Family by Bhuvan Unhelkar
- Practicing Green IT in Four Dimensions by Bhuvan Unhelkar
- Lean-Green IT: A Powerful, Strategic Marriage by Bhuvan Unhelkar
- Positioning — and Warming to — Green IT Within Climate Change by Bhuvan Unhelkar
- IT Taking the Lead with Green IT in the Public Sector by Ralph Cohen
- Green IT in the Public Sectorby Ralph Cohen
- The Greening of the Data Center by Ralph Cohen
- A Sustainability Strategy That BITES — Creating an Actionable Agenda: Part II by San Murugesan
- A Sustainability Strategy That BITES — Creating an Actionable Agenda: Part I by San Murugesan
- CEMS: Toward a Smaller Carbon Footprint by Bhuvan Unhelkar
- Green Business Process Management by Bhuvan Unhelkar
- Enterprise Carbon Management: Who Should Assume Responsibility? by Ralph Cohen
- IT Outsourcing: Will the Vendor’s Green Credentials Be a Deciding Factor? by San Murugesan
- Download a copy of our best-selling Executive Report on Green IT, Environmentally Responsible Business Strategies for a Green Enterprise Transformation by Bhuvan Unhelkar, Cutter Consortium Senior Consultant (we’re offering it free with registration)
- Here at Cutter galactic headquarters, we are always looking to reduce Cutter’s environmental impact whenever we can. As a result, we’ve decided that our Executive Updates — previously printed and mailed every two weeks — will now be published in 100% electronic format. Our clients will now have online access to short, insightful articles, that they can read anywhere, at any time — in html and PDF format.