The Cutter Blog actively encourages commenting on our site. We are dedicated to the Cutter Community and strive to maintain a forum for respectful, engaging and informative debate and discussion. As such we have outlined some guidelines for posting comments below.
- Comment Moderation — To reduce spam and ensure respectful debate, all comments posted to the Cutter Blog are moderated by internal staff. Approval times can vary so please be patient. We strive to get to all comments as quickly as we can.
- Content Moderation — We do not moderate comments for content. If a comment follows the guidelines outlined on this page and is not obvious spam it will be approved.
- Opposing Opinions — Conflict begets discussion, which furthers the knowledge and perspectives of all involved. Hence, we encourage you to post opposing viewpoints and opinions.
- Language — To create a open forum for discussion, debate and collaboration, we reserve the right not to post comments that contain obscene, indecent, or profane language; contain threats or defamatory statements; or contain hate speech directed at race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion,
- Length — Keep comments short and to the point. Break up your thoughts into paragraphs to keep it easy to read and respond. Remember white space makes comments easier to read on a computer screen.
- Website/Blog Link — We encourage you to add your website’s link via the designated URL box just below your name and e-mail address. Your name will be automatically linked to your website in the comment attribution. Please contain personal linking to the URL box.
Relevant links within your comments are also welcome. Please note we reserve the right to remove excessive, inappropriate, and/or otherwise broken links.
- Proper markup — You may use these HTML tags and attributes:
<a title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <strong>
- Publishing Policy — The Cutter Blog reserves the right to publish your comments online and in the print editions of Cutter Consortium’s publications. These comments may be edited for length and clarity, and will be given proper attribution. We will use the contact information you provide when you post a comment to send you a confirmation copy and notify you if a comment is published online.